Thursday, May 7, 2009

And so it begins...

My foray into the world of blogging. I have long followed my sister's and sister-in-law's blogs as a way to keep up with my adorable nephews and family back home. I'm so appreciative of the blogs so I can visually keep up with the day-to-day growth and activities of my three (soon to be four) favorite boys. I have also followed my brother's blogs, through all of his endless blogging adventures. I mean really, how many blogs does one person need? I was running out of room in my favorites section just bookmarking all of his blog creations. He spews creativity and I guess blogs are a good outlet for him, but thankfully he's reigned in his manic tendencies and focused his ADD energy into one blog. At least we hope. But back to the point, I guess it should come as no surprise that if I enjoyed following my family back in Iowa, then maybe my family would similarly appreciate keeping up with my activities on the East Coast. After long chewing on the idea, I have succumbed to the pressure and created a blog.

I guess it's time to share my activities in the big city with friends and family back home and anyone else who may stumble upon my blog and decide to read it. Enjoy the blog and come again soon as I begin the tales and stories of life in Washington D.C. juxtaposed to my life in Iowa. Oh, and maybe I'll fill you in on how an Iowa girl left her country roots and ventured into the fast paced, politically driven, culturally rich, anything-but-rural East Coast lifestyle. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

clarkitect said...

WhoooHoooOOOO! Em's online. I am looking forward to Metro Mondays.

Mom said...

Hey, Em
This is great!! Do you think you have some city girl roots from your MOM?

EClark said...

Thanks Mom. Yeah, I might have some city girl roots thanks to you. I might have to do a blog relating to that. Thanks for visiting.

Hollie said...

Did you send the link to your Aunt Sara she has been asking me if you have a blog? Yay for blogging!

EClark said...

I did send it to Aunt Sara. Last weekend she emailed me raving about your guys' visit and pestering me to start my own blog. So I caved and here I am in the blogging world.

Sara C. said...

Hallelujah!!! Em will now start to fill us in on the Capitol Hill Happenings! With everything going on in D.C. currently, there should be plenty of stuff to put in a blog for the rest of us to enjoy.
Go get 'em, Emily!!

SpencerFamily said...

Nice blog! Look forward to following your adventures in the city!

Sara C. said...

OK, Em, when's the next installment???